Re: Email/News Gateways.

At 10:02 AM 4/12/96 +0100, J.H.M.Dassen wrote:

>Dejanews and Altavista (and probably other searchable usenet archives I'm
>not aware of) honour a header about not archiving posts.
>>From the Altavista FAQ:
> Q. I don't want my Usenet posts archived. What can I do?
> A. Simply add the following line X-no-archive: yes to the header of
>    your posting. If your software does not allow this, make it the
>    first line of the message, or include it in the last line of the
>    message. Please remember that we do not archive newsgroup postings
>    forever, only for a few weeks.
>
>Now this doesn't help with people that filter addresses from a news spool,
>but it is something.
>
>Currently, the linux.* hierarchy contains
>	linux.debian.user (active; archived at dejanews)
>	linux.dev.debian (dead)
>	linux.debian.announce (DEAD!)

I take it that dejanews is the email/news gateway that's passing the
articles onward to the world?  (I'd check, but I'm slack I guess) - If so,
would specifying this header stop my posts to the world?  If it's not the
gateway, can we arrange it *with* the gateway?

Hmmm - wouldn't it be a pitty if they 'slipped' off the mailing list
archives here :-)  Btw, I nearly stole your entire X-Junk-Mail header Ray -
thanks for the suggestion :-)

Regards,

...Karl

--
Karl Ferguson,
Tower Networking Pty Ltd (ACN: 072 322 760)