NCR SCSI boot disk

Hi!

I just made a rescue disk with a kernel that supports the NCR 53c8xx SCSI
controller, which is used by a lot of people, here. Note that this scsi
controller is _NOT_ supported by the default Debian kernel.

What I did, was to build a kernel with the configuration file that's
distributed via the "kernel-package" package, but I deselected all SCSI
controllers and added NCR support. Then I built the debian package for
that kernel and constructed the rescue disk with Bruce's scripts. It seams
to work for my NCR system, but I haven't tested it very much (just did an
install of the base system and rebooted and everything was fine).

Is someone intrested in this rescue disk or should we include this in
special-kernels?

I don't know much about the details to watch out (for example what kernel
features are _exactly_ needed by the installation process) so I'm happy if
someone else creates these boot disks. But a buggy disk is perhaps better
than no boot disk for these systems :-)

Thanks,

Chris

--          _,,     Christian Schwarz