Re: DPKG SHOWSTOPPER! (need confirmation and additional analysys)

Michael Alan Dorman wrote:

> It looks like fixing epochs support in dpkg exposed a MEGA bug in the
> pre-depends support that affects upgrading dpkg.
>
> I think I have a solution, etc., but I would like some additional eyes
> on this.

[snip]

> I'm going to be building a dpkg-1.4.0.7 and making it available at:
>
> ftp://debian.med.miami.edu/pub/mdorman/
>
> It will have the bug fix in it, as well as a slightly modified preinst
> which will bypass the --assert-supports-predepends test, which should
> allow it to install on systems with 1.4.0.6.  I'd appreciate any
> adventurous testers having a go with this.

Glad you sent this warning--I was about to upload 1.4.0.7 myself,
which would have contained my i18n patches.

If you're going to build 1.4.0.7, would you do me a serious favor
and accept my internationalized 1.4.0.6.hacked sources as a base
for 1.4.0.7?  I've been having a terrible time getting the
postscript manuals built...

--Galen