Re: Repost + New suggested additions: WebStandard 3.0 Proposal

On Jan 23, clameter@waterf.org (Christoph Lameter) wrote:
> Here is the Webstandard 3.0 again:
>
> 1. Packages install cgi-bin scripts / executables as
>
> /usr/lib/cgi-bin/x
>
> which the webserver makes accessible via URL http://localhost/cgi-bin/x
> by whatever means available.

Sorry for being stupid, but is 'x' the name of the cgi-bin script/exec,
or is it the package name, thus creating a sub-directory into which
all of that packages scripts go. I would guess the first, but I just
want to make sure. Perhaps the first line could be either

    Package 'x' installs its cgi-bin scripts /executables in...

or

    Packages install cgi-bin script /executable 'x' as...

depending which is correct.

Steve Greenland

--
The Mole - I think, therefore I scream

	"Well, Penfold, it looks like we'll have to save the world again."
							     "Ooh, Ick..."
[Dangermouse]