Re: Policy questions ...

[ Please don't Cc: me when replying to my message on a mailing list. ]

"Richard G. Roberto":
> What is our current policy regarding security fixes?

The package maintainer or other concerned people find or make
a fix, try it, and release a new version of the package. I hope
the BoD will elect a Chief of Security, and some suitable number
of security officers, who will keep an eye on relevant security
mailing lists and concentrate work on security. But that's in the
future.

> 2) What is the current bug reporting policy?

If you think you've found a bug, you report it. If you can, try
to upgrade to the newest version first, and check that the bug
hasn't already been reported, but if you can't, just report it.

It's a bit more work for the package maintainers, but not much.
If the bug is known and has been fixed by a newer version, it's
easy to close it.

Bugs that are present in the stable version should probably be
kept open until they have been fixed in the stable version. In
the worst case, this means the bug should be open until the next
release, but hopefully not. We might want to improve the bug system
to list bugs in the stable version separately.