Re: another dependency checker

Hi,

	I, too, have been working on a dependency checker/ordering
 tool. It does dependency checks, if you wish. It knows the difference
 between installed, new (and available) packages, and the relation
 ship fields (pre-depends, depends, recommends, and suggests). It is
 written as a set of 4 perl5 libs (so one may use them to generate
 ones own package related tools), and will have a test suite to
 protect the world against my typos. This could be the basis of mass
 compiling the packages on a new architecture, or to build a release
 from scratch.

	I have the basics in place (I also have documentation, but
 mostly short placeholders, details will follow). I'm currently
 working on putting some more checks in place (right now, it is very
 trusting, and assumes the users know how it works.

	I need a day or so (I know it's already late) to do some more
 work (I've ripped out the guts of status reporting by the
 dependecy/ordering routines and am putting in what should be a more
 flexible scheme.

	Oh, it knows about epochs as well if your dpkg does.

	manoj

--
 In article ... s892804@minyos.xx.rmit.oz.au (Wee Willie) writes: Well
 I guess the summary says it all, where do I find Sports Illustrated