Re: new maintainer verification

> +t doesn't work too well on Incoming as Ian > and I really do need
write permission there.  > (dinstall actually runs as part of Ian's
daily cron job).

My main concern is that a rogue maintainer could get a login on master
(we don't check their background much now) and then upload a package
with a time-bomb or trojan horse. The package is installed by many
people, and when discovered it makes our entire paradigm look bad.

The FTP archive (not Incoming) could be made group-write-only, with 10
or so people we know well in the group. However, my main concern is that
we verify the identity of the people we give login privileges on master.

	Thanks