Re: www.<country>.debian.org && ftp.<country>.debian.org

At 08:17 PM 2/5/97 -0500, Brian C. White wrote:
>That's a great idea!  Plus, if there are multiple mirrors in the
>same country, DNS will automatically shuffle between them.
>
>The "ftp.debian.org" mirror should also be "ftp.us.debian.org" just
>to be consistant.

We must remember that some sites aren't connected all that well - connecting
to say Australia (please remember, we have already got debian.org.au
working) some sites here have huge 45/60Mbit connections, were another
mirror I know (ftp.it.com.au) has a 28.8k link.  If we start 'shuffling'
then it'll start to create a mess I believe...

Perhaps if we made one mirror in each country the main mirror site - sites
with rather large connections for example.

Regards

   Karl Ferguson,
   Mirror Co-Ordinator - Debian GNU/Linux	karl@debian.org
   Debian GNU/Linux v1.2.5 - available at ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian
           Check the README.mirrors file for the site closest to you!