Re: guaranteed technical support

> Yes, but we can also have a pre-emptive stike on c.o.l.a to prevent the
> same sort of frenzy that occured after Bill Machrone's article on PC Week.
>
> Shaya

One good thing about the frenzy in response to the Bill Machrone article
was that he wrote about Linux (and it's so-called advocates) for an
additional two weeks.  Considering the fact that he is probably the #1
computer columnist/editor in the world, that's pretty significant -- Linux
is definitely on the radar screen of the mainstream press.

Anyways, it wouldn't hurt Byte to be a little bit more accurate in their
reporting -- I hope they do catch some flak.  Remember, most of their
stories they report are about commercial products that are vapourware.
Since Linux isn't a commercial entity, and we can't have the CEO (Linus?)
write a letter complaining about the inaccurate press, who else is
going to do it?  At a minimum, they should have to print a correction
or a retraction.

Well, that's my two cents...

Cheers,

 - Jim