Re: Gated - Merit's response

On Thu, 6 Feb 1997, Dermot Bradley wrote:

bradley >Hi just received the following email from Merit in response to my enquiry
bradley >about distributing Gated as part of Debian. The redistribution license
bradley >can be found at http://www.gated.org/merit_license_v3.html
bradley >
bradley >Can members of the BOD take care of the licensing agreement? If so then I
bradley >will finish my port of 3.5.4 and release it (I assume it can go into
bradley >unstable rather than non-free).

I have introduced it on the BOD. This is the first time we do such a thing
so it might take some time. I think it would be fine if you
would upload a gated version to experimental for now which is not for the
general public but just for the evaluation by developers.

Please always CC me when replying to posts on mailing lists.