A quality relationship

       .rpm                              .deb

   Linux standard                    Better quality
   Packaging easy to all             Hard to package
   Controled by RH company           Admin friendlier (and maintainer hostile)

Q. Which one do you choose?
A. Red Hat! It is the standard.

The train of market share has left the station, it is difficult to catch-up
now. But, it is theoretically reversible.

Quality in Debian must be obviouslly superior than RH. Except for minor
philosophical issues, I have no need to stick with debian. It is Quality vs.
rpm. Is it worth your while?  This question is not complicated.

And, by god, help those who come to help you. Do not throw me 4 thick manuals
and 20 manpages, and ask me to read them first, then package. If it takes
a year to learn how to package minicom, your friends will never be many.

Ioannis Tambouras
ioannis@flinet.com, West Palm Beach, Florida
Signed pgp-key on key server.