Re: A quality relationship

Ioannis Tambouras <ioannis@flinet.com> wrote:
> Q. Which one do you choose?
> A. Red Hat! It is the standard.

All this discussion is silly. Every few weeks someone argues for and against
the debian packaging system. As a maintainer, the debian packaging seems
good, and is developed in-house. I consider this an advantage! If something
needs to be changed then the debian community can change it. Can you say
this about RedHat? Some people do not actually like RedHat's packaging
scheme...

With rpm it is all too easy to end up with an unworkable system. I like
dselect... I can run it every day and it keeps my whole system right. Can
you say that about RedHat?

As a Linux user since 0.9 something of the kernel, using slackware, mcc,
redhat, and then debian (in that order), I can say that debian is far superior.
But the bottom line is, if you dont like the distribution you use, use another
one!

Gordon