Re: dpkg issues

Bruce Perens typed:
> From: Stuart Lamble <lamble@yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au>
> > I'd really hate to see dpkg disappear, at least at this early stage of
> > the game.. especially given the amount of effort that has been put into
> > creating the Debian distribution, based around dpkg.
>
> We should be asking orselves if "dpkg" is Debian. We have a good
> distribution, and changing package managers will not change that.
So what *is* Debian then?  If we change to RPMs then what does Debian doing
RPMs offer the Linux community over no Debian?

I'm not saying let's shut down Debian, but I'm confused as to actually what
it is and I'm sure there are a lot of others like me.  Once we know what
Debian is, we can then see how it can fit in with RPMs.

  - Craig

--
  // /\   |  | |  Craig Small VK2XLZ     @home: csmall@gonzo.triode.net.au
  \\ \/   |  | |  finger csmall@triode.net.au for PGP key!