[Bradley Moore <bwmoore@sas.upenn.edu>] RSA Data Security Challenge

Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 12:50:49 -0500 (EST)
To: maor@debian.org
From: Bradley Moore <bwmoore@sas.upenn.edu>
Subject: RSA Data Security Challenge

Could you please forward this to the appropriate party?

I represent the participation of STWing at the University of Pennsylvania in
the RSA Data Security Challenge.  We were wondering if Debian would be
interested in joining forces with STWing in order to increase our chances of
finding the key, since Linuxnet.org seems to be doing much better than
anything either of us can muster.  Since Debian is not an educational
institution, the $2000 prize can hardly be of as much significance as the
prestige of winning the contest and proving the capabilities of your Linux
software.  STWing would like to offer further attention if you were to join
efforts with us, since if we were to win Debian would doubtless be mentioned
in many Philadelphia newspapers, and it certainly would look good to help an
educational institution.  STWing is a student run organization at Penn which
explores issues in science and technology through a living-learning program.
I should add that many of us are running Linux, and we love it.  More info
about us can be obtained at "www.stwing.upenn.edu".  If you would like to
join efforts in this contest, simply have your computers send their output
to "rc5-crew@portal.stwing.upenn.edu" instead of the address you are
currently using.  I think it is clear that we have a better chance of
winning this contest if our efforts are combined.

Bradley Moore
STWing Project Co-ordinator
Class of '00
University of Pennsylvania