Re: source packages and upstream source

Hi,

	One issue I have with dpkg-source is the bad interaction diff
 has with what it considers binary files. If you wish to modify a file
 that happens to be a binary file (as we some times modify others
 files), then diff fails, and so does dpkg source.

        So, if you want a gif in a package that is not there in the
 original, or if you want to replace an image with a Linux/Debian
 image file, this may be a problem. (I think. I have not tested the
 veracity of this statement lately, it certainly bit me once or
 twice).

	 Mind you, I'm not objecting; I think it *should* be policy
 that we enumerate the complete pedigree of the sources in our
 packages.

	   (If it is made policy, though, I'll have to unbundle CGI.pm
 from CGI-modules, which are distributed to gether because the author
 wished it so).

	manoj
--
 Politicians should read science fiction, not westerns and detective
 stories. Arthur C. Clarke