re-organization

OK. I have decided on what to do. Since the board has been somewhat
ineffective so far, It's probably appropriate to put some additional
responsibility on individuals rather than the board as a whole. I know
it has to come off of me. And we're never going to find a new president
unless we start grooming people for the office, are we?

So, I am establishing two pro-tempore positions until the board passes
its constitution (at which time they become useful as a board). I strongly
suggest the board turn them into ratified one-year terms at or before the
point when they have their constitution done.

I am creating the office of Senior Vice President, and I designate
Daniel Quinlan for the position.

I am creating the office of Vice President of Engineering, and I designate
Brian C White for the position.

These two positions will split between them all of my current responsibilities.
The Senior V.P. will take on all administrative issues. The V.P. Engineering
will take on all engineering decisions. These two positions will report to me,
and I to the board. The board is welcome to tweak this while they write their
constitution.

The order of succession will be President, Senior V.P., V.P. Engineering.

These are two capable people who have expressed the need for changes in
leadership (thus sticking their necks out :-) ). I hope they'll accept
the positions. As soon as they do, it's time for me to take a vacation,
leaving them in charge.

	Thanks

	Bruce Perens
--