Re: RFD: herding cats [was: on project leadership]

Hi,
	I am missing something. How is the tags solution any different
 from threading on subject (and references, if you have a smart enough
 mail user agent).

	If you have a smart MUA, TAGS don't buy you anything extra
 vis-a-vis threading. If you are stuck with a simplistic mail reader,
 (which can't thread on subject), TAGS don't buy yuo anything either.

	I'm now leaning forward to common prefixes:
 debian-thread-NAME1 or better, dthread-NAME1 (split into different
 spool files based on NAME?). That'd would work. (I love mailagent: I
 can just annotate the message, pass it through regular debian rules,
 and save to a spool file determined by the annotation).

	manoj

 (I never loose track of the threads, I have auto-expiry turned off
 for debian groups, and can go back and forth in the thread, following
 both the subject line and the reference headers; but I have a smart
 MUA.  Really, folks, try gnus; it wrks quite well)

--
 "Even a poor tailor is entitled to some happiness!" from Fiddler On
 The Roof