absurd call for impeachment

I am getting really sick of seeing this kind of crap on the debian lists.
As someone else said, debian isn't as much fun any more.

I agree with what Bruce said in his response, it is ridiculous - absurd! -
to call for impeachment simply because bruce asked for input from the rest
of the developers on this issue.

i don't always agree with bruce, and he has made some decisions which i
just dont agree with but i am (mostly) happy to live with that situation
because i am not willing to even consider doing the work he does for
debian, and i'm certainly not willing to cop the flak and abuse he gets
for doing his job.

personally, i think it was a mistake to ever create the BOD. My
experiences with small to medium-sized groups (up to a few hundred people)
tells me that the ONLY thing that works really well is a 'benevolent
dictatorship'. as soon as you introduce democracy and politics, everything
starts going downhill.  look at what's happening in debian over the last
few months and you'll see a perfect example of this. this sort of thing
has happened in every group i have been involved in which transformed from
being essentially a one-person-show to a more democratic style of decision
making (it IS possible to make it work but it is bloody hard).

compared to this, the only problem with benevolent dictatorships is
finding someone to take over when the current leader gets tired or burnt
out...which is precisely why we have a BOD now.

Note, I have nothing against ANY of the people in the BOD (i voted for
them too) or who have been appointed to positions (i agree with bruce's
choice of people)...i just don't like politics and in-fighting and
cliques and factions where there shouldn't be any. anyway, this point is
mott: we've got a BOD now so we have to make the best of it.

debate and argument over technical issues is important - essential - but
debate this sort of crap is not it is pure personal attack.

shit happens.  deal with it.  lets just get on with making debian better.

craig