Re: Splitting Debian into two projects

From: Jim Pick <jim@jimpick.com>
> Everytime someone slags you - crack open a beer.

It'd be bad for my liver :-)

It's a quandry for me. There's a rather large contingent that says
"a democratic organization won't work and the whole thing hangs on
_you_, Bruce". I tried to find some new leaders and some of them
haven't lasted so long - I get mail like "now I know why you wanted
to quit". Then there's another contingent who are sure the developers
want a more democratic organization.

Meanwhile I really don't need this weight on my shoulders. While I once
planned to build a Linux product based on Debian, that has become a hobby
as I've been more successful than expected in the movie business.

This Debian board has been a failure. I just told them the board was
dissolved. Maybe they can run the "democratic" version of the
organization.

This is all very frustrating. I fear that it could be the end of the
project.

Bruce Perens K6BP   Bruce@Pixar.com   510-215-3502
Finger bruce@master.Debian.org for PGP public key.