Re: DDebian project closed for re-organization

 Bruce> I'm going to call a halt to the Debian development for at
 Bruce> least a week while the project re-organizes. At the end of
 Bruce> that time the master FTP site will have moved, our DNS master
 Bruce> will be different, and no doubt a number of developers will
 Bruce> walk off in a huff.
 Bruce>
 Bruce> I'm taking suggestions for re-organization. I see no need for
 Bruce> democracy or a board at this point - it's only made things
 Bruce> worse.

Debian project became to big for managing it, democratic or not
democratic. IMHO some people that don't like the current state of
the project should leave and, who knows, make there own
distribution. I am very sad that we came to that situation but we
should have predicted this. 200 people over the world...

My position is simple. I like the way Debian is today (or at least
was half a year a go), IMHO Bruce is doing a terrific job, and we
should continue with Debian. AS IT IS! After all - we should make
software distribution rather then flame each other about
redistributing our selfs.

I apologize if I hurt somebody's feelings.

borik

Boris D. Beletsky                          borik@debian.org
Network Administrator 			borik@cs.huji.ac.il
Institute of Computer Science,          borik@isracom.co.il
Hebrew University Jerusalem            home: +972 2 6411880