Re: prototype questions for developer vote

From: Rob Browning <osiris@cs.utexas.edu>
> Again, I think this system should only be designed as an advisory
> system

Right now I want to be advised if I am out of touch with a _majority_
of the developers, or even a _significant_ minority. All I hear is 15
people on the mailing lists, and I don't know what the others think.
That's a real good reason to take an advisory vote. I think keeping a
finger on that pulse once this situation is over would be useful,
regardless of what decision I actually make. If nothing else, it is
a good gauge of the group coherency.

The problem with the board is that a number of people decided that
I had the board in my pocket and that the board no longer represented
them. Thus, for me to listen to the board without polling the developers
may not be effective. If the board had a poll of developer sentiment on
hand it might help them too.

> 3) Should the voting be anonymous?  I'd say not.  Any claim of
> anonymity will only be providing a sense of false security since who
> said what will have to be recorded somewhere to make sure we get one
> vote per person.

I think that the vote should be mailed back to the voter to prevent
forgery.

Elaboration is something we can do later on - right now we need something
simple, almost immediately.

	Thanks

Bruce Perens K6BP   Bruce@Pixar.com   510-215-3502
Finger bruce@master.Debian.org for PGP public key.