Re: voting system

 Tell me, should it be when the Project Leaders are taking advice
 on how they are to properly administer to the affairs of the project that we
 are to stand up and advise them? What will be the subject of the advice?
 For I presume it will not be about package development. Yet managers will
 give better advice than us in that matter because in those subjects they
 have the proper experience and howto.

 What will then the Debian developers have under consideration if they are
 to be right in standing up as their counsellor ? They have to be subjects
 that they already agree with one another, for if they differ in anything,
 we will not say that they know it. Builders agree about the proper attachment
 of the roof and the trainer of horses agree which of the horses are good
 runners or not.

 And when we find developers with different views on management we have ample
 proof that they do not know this, and are not proficient advisers of it.
 Well then, do we now find that the many agree with themselves about Debian
 Debian politics or things of this sort? Then are we to say that
 these people understand those questions, on which they differ so sharply
 that they are led by their mutual disputes to one against each other?
 Popular voting refers to advisers of this sort whom we must admit
 to be without knowledge.

--
Ioannis Tambouras
ioannis@flinet.com, West Palm Beach, Florida