Re: New Web Pages are out

On Sun, 30 Mar 1997 sacampbe@mercator.math.uwaterloo.ca wrote:

[snip]
> > Was the link to the Debian-Logo page erased from the new page or
> > didn't I simply find it ?
>
> A link to the logo page has been made from the 'latest news' page. As
> the logo selection should be done sometime soon (I hope. It is taking
> forever), it seemed the right place for it.

The reason for this is very simple: Most people on debian-publicity agreed
that the logos haven't a reached a state where one could choose the
"official debian logo" from them.

IMHO nearly all these drafts look very nice but there aren't many _logos_
on the page! I think we need more professional designers to have a look at
this. Does someone know anyone? I asked Jeff Potter about this and he made
3 suggestions (on my latest page) but he will do more in the next days.

(Please if this starts the discussion again, the it should be done on
debian-publicity@lists.debian.org :-)

Thanks,

Chris

--                 Christian Schwarz
Do you know         schwarz@monet.m.isar.de, schwarz@schwarz-online.com,
Debian GNU/Linux?    schwarz@debian.org, schwarz@mathematik.tu-muenchen.de

Visit                  PGP-fp: 8F 61 EB 6D CF 23 CA D7  34 05 14 5C C8 DC 22 BA
http://www.debian.org   http://fatman.mathematik.tu-muenchen.de/~schwarz/