Re: AW: Splitting Debian into two projects

On Wed, 2 Apr 1997, Michael Meskes wrote:

[SNIP]
> Well now it's starting to get interesting. While I honestly believe my
> words are not much of a problem, I wonder if some prognosis I read are
> correct and I'll be dismissed, too.
>
> A very sad
> Michael

Michael, you are right that a lot of steam was vented in the last few
weeks, but things have settled down.  As far as I can tell, _nobody_ has
been dismissed.  Dominik left on his own despite requests from several
people including Bruce asking him to stay.

>From my perspective, a few people said a lot of heated things (myself
included to my own chagrin).  However, in the background, a greater
number of people ignored the political chaos and continued to work on the
distribution.  Prominent examples are the doc group, led by Susan K., and
the testing group, led by Dale.

Cheers.  Syrus.

--

Syrus Nemat-Nasser <syrus@ucsd.edu>    UCSD Physics Dept.