Re: New Web Pages are out

On 2 Apr 1997, Mark Eichin wrote:

> Anyway, I don't particularly care what the debian web pages look like
> (I'm *more* than happy to leave that to the self-selected group, as
> long as I can still get to the buglist I'm fine) but I wanted to stamp
> out the false justification here... there may be good reasons to use
> white like this -- but *this isn't it* :-)

 First we should agree that most of the people even don't know that the
default can be changed. Even if they know, very few change it. Let's say
that 90% have grey as the default. However that doesn't mean that they
like grey as a background. So we should forget about this feature in
browsers, we should set/enforce the color.
 Second: If you are publishing an ad about Debian in a magazine... which
color would you use as a background...? Would it be gray? Forget about all
you know about HTML, browsers, etc. which color should we use as a
background? I think that white is nicer that gray. And many woul probably
say the same. (Personally I use white on dark blue for my pages =))

 Ok.. this was all I think about this topic. My previous messages were a
bit `irresponsible'. This is the one that counts.. =)

--
Nicolás Lichtmaier.-  | Try visiting #debian in Undernet (us.undernet.org)
nick@feedback.com.ar  | The channel of the debian developers =)