Re: I'm back

vincent@waw.com (Vincent Renardias)  wrote on 07.04.97 in <Pine.LNX.3.91.970407194236.11201I-100000@odin.waw.com>:

> And our installed base is still growing. 8 months back none of my friends
> where running Debian, now at least 10 use it (probably not only because I
> influence them, but they also appear to appreciate it).

Not quite so long ago, westfalen.de was run off some version of SysV. That
changed to two heavily-mangled Slackware boxes and a DOS router. Which in
turn changed to four heavily mangled Debian boxes at approximately the
same time (well, ok, the DOS router held out until recently) the city
created muenster.de, AFAIK also running from Debian boxes (at least their
login system(s) do, and they have a good mirror[1] of ftp.debian.org
(usually something like 36 hours behind), all by the same guy that
originally configured westfalen.de's boxes).

MfG Kai

[1] No, I don't think it should go into README.mirrors - unless the
muenster.de people tell us to put it there. AFAIK, it's not officially
announced even to their own users.