Some copyright-related problems with your packages

[re-sent, because his email address changed and the first one bounced]

Dear Patrick Edwards,

Here are reports of copyright-related problems with four of your packages.
Please fix the problems reported below immediately, or withdraw the packages.

	Thanks

	Bruce Perens
	Debian Project Leader

Package: qcrack    (Bug #8178)
Version: 1.0.1-3

a) no upstream site for the source code is given in the copyright file,
b) the author's name and email address are not specifed ("The Crypt
   Keeper"????), and
c) the package is stated to be copyrighted, but no details of the
   copyright are included.

---------------------------------
Package: mailpgp   (Bug #8935)
Version: 1.0-3

The copyright file is missing, therefore the upstream source is unknown.

---------------------------------
Package: cfs       (Bug #8944)
Version: 1.3.3-1

The copyright file says:
> It was downloaded from some.site.com

The file is being distributed on out-of-US FTP sites despite the
express wishes of the authors that it be made available only in the
U.S. and Canada. Please remove it from those sites.

ftp://ftp.research.att.com/dist/mab/cfs.announce says:
>Because of export restrictions on cryptographic software, we are only
>able to make the software available within the US and Canada to US and
>Canadian citizens and permanent residents.  Unfortunately, we cannot
>make it available for general anonymous ftp or other uncontrolled
>access, nor can we allow others to do so.  Sorry."

Package: color-cal
Version: 3.5-1

This package has no copyright file.  Therefore there is no way of telling
where and with whom it originated, or what rights Debian actually has to
distribute it.
--
Bruce Perens K6BP   Bruce@Pixar.com   510-215-3502
Finger bruce@master.Debian.org for PGP public key.