Re: SUGGESTION: Let's choose a logo now!

Dale Scheetz <dwarf@polaris.net> writes:

> What ever happened to the capital D made to look as though it were a gear,
> with teeth along the curve of the letter and spokes for the virtical line?
> Although the original image I saw of this was way too busy, with lots of
> shading detail, it came the closest to a logo of anything I have seen so
> far.

Oh, that was Bill and mine.  We read the comments, and didn't really
think people liked it, so we quit.  It was a POV file so you could
easily convert it to any color you want.

I did, however, take the "shading" criticisms seriously, and wrote a
small postscript program to render the same image in only 2-D,
unrotated, black and white, but that was mostly for my own amusement.
If people are still interested, I'll dig it up.

I could also render the words "Debian GNU Linux" around the rim of the
wheel, one word at the end of each spoke if desired...

--
Rob