Re: really rough first draft of release announcement

Just some very quick comments as I was about to log off:

  "Software in the Public Interest"   is unknown to the public at large.
    Using it this way will confuse people.  Why not say "The Debian
    Team" or "Debian Project" ?

  "KEEPING LINUX FREE"  in the title is a little to loud for my liking. We
    are free, and will remain so, but that should be put differently.

  "200 developers!"  is an illusion. I wrote several mails on the topic of
    virtual maintainers, and we have made no progress yet to measure how many
    of us are here for real. As an upper bound, I'd use the number of people
    that participated in the vote lately.

  Generally, I find the draft stresses the Q&A and "no bugs" too much. For
    two reasons: First, we have well over 2000 open bugs which is a shame.
    Second, the text puts 1.2.x in a very bad light. It was a badly
    engineered release because we really rushed it out the door. But we
    don't have to repeat that in publicly in an announcement in that manner.
    Let's simple stress the ample testing, and _let's do more testing_. Fresh
    installs, upgrades, everything.