Re: Debian-private and people who are working on other distributions

On Wed, 28 May 1997, Bruce Perens wrote:

> My opinion is that people who are working on other distributions should
> probably voluntarily remove themsleves from the debian-private
> subscription list. I see a pretty clear ethical conflict. Can I hear
> discussion on this, please?

As there is clear indication that you are pointing directly at FreeLinux
I can tell you that you are again only trying to create bad blood again.

FreeLinux is no distribution and has no intend to be one.
We have absolutely ethical or interest conflicts with Debian and those who
are part of the Debian project will continue to be part of the Debian
project.

Therefore there is no reason to remove anyone from debian-private
voluntarely or involuntarely.

And by the way if you want one more good reason why FreeLinux does not
want to become part of Debian: Just read what you wrote yourself about
the Debian-FSF connection.

Following your argumentation Linus could never participate on
debian-private since he has his own distribution.

Following your own argumentation the people paricipating in various
FSF projects could not be Debian members or read debian-private.

I think this is simply hilarious.

Mike