Re: Interesting dpkg issue, plus thoughts...

Mark Eichin <eichin@cygnus.com> writes:
> I think someone is working on the problem where dpkg-source doesn't
> handle 100 character pathnames...

That'd be me.

I've actually got a hacked dpkg-source that'll unpack xfree, but it
does so at the expense of all the cross-checking between cpio and tar
that the old version did---it just assumes that tar will DTRT.

I'm looking to try and build some of that cross-checking back in
before I hand it off to Klee.  Heck, I may even try and do things
*right*, and delve into cpio and see if I can't get it to recognize
the way GNU tar handles long file names.

Mike.