Re: Info about ld.so

On Sun, Jul 20, 1997 at 12:56:36PM +0200, Olaf Kirch wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Jul 1997 14:46:29 EDT, Erik Troan wrote:
> > Anything longer then two workdays (i.e. not weekend days) starts to diminsh
> > the usefullness of the announcements.
>
> Two or three weekdays also appears a reasonable time frame to me, too.
> However, Mark Bolzern of WGS requests that we should make it at least
> 7 workdays. What do other people think?

Most times, a patch is already available and people start asking about
fixed packages. So if the announcement about the new package is given out
too late, the different distributions will start to announce the bug-fixes
on their own mailing-lists.
Then the announcement from this list will get a purely PR thing and not a
service to the Linux community.

If a ready-to-use patch is available, two or three weekdays should be enough
to make a new binary, I think.

Greetings,

Florian La Roche