Re: summary of non-free/contrib policy

In article <Pine.LNX.3.96.970728200300.1040B-100000@klee> you wrote:

: graphics/xtrkcad_1.2.0-1.deb           yes?
:        (very short license--not complete)

The text that is in the copyright file is the complete text provided by the
author of the program.

There are no restrictions on distribution.  Source is not available.  It is
therefore in contrib.

I object to changing the definition of contrib to exclude packages for which
source is unavailable.  I think it is much more useful to distinguish between
the two areas based on distribution restrictions, which has real meaning for
the consumers of this data... namely those who would further distribute it.
If the current names and definitions aren't clear, let's change the names...
but don't muck with the distinction.

Bdale