From: Nick Lambert <nick@corp.netcom.net.uk>
Subject: Re: New home for Debian
To: phil@hands.com (Philip Hands)
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 09:18:49 +0100 (BST)

Hi Phil

Yes I think we could sort something out but given that we already have
a diversly routed 4Mb of links directly to Sunsite is it really necessary?
Netcom customers can get to Sunsite damb quickly already.

> Hi Nick,
>
> master.debian.org just got booted of of the site it was located at as a
> result of an ISP buy-out and the new owners having a different policy
> towards giving away bandwidth or somesuch.
>
> Anyway, that made me wonder about Netcom's policy re. giving away bandidth ;-)

Depends how much we are talking about. Exchanging it for good PR is
better prospect.

> Is there any possibility of you hosting a Debian mirror, or master server.  I
> expect I can get hold of the bandwidth estamates from Debian's other sites if
> that would help you decide.

Yes I would need some idea of the amount of bandwidth/number of hits
that we are talking about.

> You would get a mention (a prominent one I beleive) on the Debian web pages.

This would be very important to us, the more good PR the better (and it will
help me justify it to my peers)

> I can supply the hardware.
>
> Has this got any chance of happening ?

I think so, but you would have to take responsibility for administration of
the box.  ie I don't want to add to the work load of the sys admins here.

Nick
--
Nick Lambert
Director Of Operations