Re: why this marketing stuff is important

From: Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd@rosebud.sps.queensu.ca>
> But some of use think that a book is the wrong technology for Debian with
> its distributed and non-monolithical character.
>
> Books might have worked well for Slackware with one release/year.
> I doubt it works for us.

Could you run 1.3.1 for a year? How about two years? Lots of systems
have run 1.1 for a long time, and they don't seem to have done badly.
The old "master.debian.org" was one of them, I think.

_You_ may not want to run that software for that long, but for some people
the answer is yes, and they would not mind being a few versions behind.

The problem for us is providing them an upgrade path.

	Thanks

Can you get your operating system fixed when you need it?
Linux - the supportable operating system. http://www.debian.org/support.html
Bruce Perens K6BP   bruce@debian.org   510-215-3502