Re: Final post to debian-private

From: Jim Pick <jim@jimpick.com>
> It's a shame we didn't have the DFSG debate "on the record" -- now it will
> forever be a secret as to how we came up with it.

This was the _developers_ social contract. The developers got to state what
they thought was important and what they promised to uphold. I think it was
appropriate for them to discuss it "in camera", and it worked out excellently.

Here below is the original message regarding the release number change.
You'll note that I started out on the other side, and was convinced by
the developers that a change was appropirate. This is hardly a "hand down
from above" decision.

I think you'll also agree that this message didn't belong on a public forum.

	Bruce

--
Can you get your operating system fixed when you need it?
Linux - the supportable operating system. http://www.debian.org/support.html