Re: QT?

On Sat, 16 Aug 1997, Bruce Perens wrote:

> Heiko just uploaded Qt libraries with "Release: stable unstable non-free".
> Does this mean they go in the main release? I'm confused.

I was confused too, when I saw the upload, and I still don't know how to
handle "stable/non-free" and "unstable/non-free" uploads correctly, etc.

I was planning to have the upload procedure explaing in all details in the
"Developers Reference Manual". The explanation should cover "us/non-us
uploads", "copyright sections", "the release directories" (stable,
unstable, frozen), guidelines for stable uploads, etc., the job
of the "testing team", etc.

However, since I don't know much of these things myself, it would be nice
if someone else would volunteer for writing these sections. I'm sure all
developers (especially the newbies) would thank you for that.

If someone wants to do this, please mail me so we can arrange things.

Thanks,

Chris

--                 Christian Schwarz
                    schwarz@monet.m.isar.de, schwarz@schwarz-online.com,
Don't know Perl?     schwarz@debian.org, schwarz@mathematik.tu-muenchen.de

Visit                  PGP-fp: 8F 61 EB 6D CF 23 CA D7  34 05 14 5C C8 DC 22 BA
http://www.perl.com     http://fatman.mathematik.tu-muenchen.de/~schwarz/