Re: remote mail access on master

Hi,

	Oh, for gods sake. You heard what the owners of the site said,
 so this is no longer academic. I rest my case, and have nothing to
 say on this anymore.

	manoj

>>"Clint" == Clint Adams <schizo@debian.org> writes:
>>"Ean" == Ean Schuessler <ean@dallas-cs-000.novare.net>

Clint> Then, through whatever method, this mail travels from
Clint> debian.novare.net to me (hopefully).  Please explain to me how
Clint> forwarding creates less of a load or less traffic for novare
Clint> than POP or IMAP.

Ean> Well, there is the issue of us having to deal with the
Ean> administrative overhead of 200 some odd people having Novare as
Ean> their mail origination point. Now, I believe that Debianites are
Ean> a fairly evolved lot so this shouldn't be a problem but we
Ean> appreciate Manoj's sentiment that our donation should be
Ean> respected.

Manoj> As I said, quite diffidently, and, I hope, politely, that I
Manoj> speak here because I do not wish us to overstay our welcome
Manoj> at novare.

Clint> You're concerned about overstaying our welcome by putting
Clint> additional load on a system that only Debian uses?

--
 "Every year a few research results pay the freight for all the rest."
 Robert A. Frosch, General Motors