Deity team membership

Hi,

	I think it is only fair to mention that I have been invited to
 join the Deity team, and have accepted the invitation (well, I kinda
 volunteered too).

	I have stated that I wear two hats with respect to Deity: as
 far as my contribution to the Deity project is concerned, I
 defer to the senior members of the team (read: brian, jason, boss: me
 grunt. ooog. oog). However, I do not agree totally with the
 individuals in Deity (or Debian at large either), and in public
 forums as this list I shall continue to speak my mind.

	Anyway, I am working on the areas od Deity (feels good writing
 that, espescially since I still haven't checked out the CVS module)
 which are roughly equivalent to pkg-order, that is, when the user
 indicates Go (however that is done), one looks at what the user has
 ok'd to install/remove, and order the sequence of removals,
 installations, and configuration of packages, taking nto account
 predependencies and other stuff. Look at pkg-order to see what I
 think I'm trying to do.

	As for interaction with the developer community, as soon as I
 have found my sea legs, I'll try to see if I can let people know a
 bit more of my progress.

	Since noise on the lists is an issue, people intereseted in my
 contribution to the Deity project can email me personally; I'll
 summarise for the deity list as required, and I'll try to keep people
 informed withing the ground rules of the Deity project.

	manoj
 ps. I'm closing on my very first house tomorrow!!
--
 "It is better to have tried and failed than to have failed to try,
 but the result's the same." Mike Dennison