Re: Debian + KDE disk

On Tue, 28 Oct 1997, Bruce Perens wrote:

> From: Christoph Lameter <clameter@waterf.org>
> > I am horrified by some of the dogmatic and ideological reactions I have
> > seen. Such actions (as Bruce's response) are a PR catastrophe and do great
> > harm to the Debian Project.
>
> I am free to express my views on the lists in a polite manner,
> Christoph. Please don't object to that.

I know your view on the free software issue and its certainly ok to
discuss your personal views within the project. But you were speaking as
the representative of the Debian Project to another group of developers in
the linux universe. Relationship to other projects is important even
though they might have different views on how to approach packaging
software. They deserve our support and should not be forced to see things
our way.

> However, I am willing to go along with the suggestion that we earmark
> donations from their disk for use in making a free replacement for Qt.
> This is what I sent Martin:
>
> > I discussed this with the Debian developers. We have decided that we are OK
> > with your making a disk containing KDE and Debian, but we will earmark all
> > donations we receive from that disk for use in building a free replacement
> > for Qt.

I am ok with that.