Re: qt license

Seriously as a software developer who used to get paid for his work I am
very much symphathetic to their form of license. I am still in an
ambiguous relationship to free software. I need to earn money after all
but on the other hand free software has many more possibilities of
feedback and development  than classic proprietory software. There needs
to be some way in between both extremes. Trolltech is trying one of those
avenues balancing between the extremes.

And no support is not the answer. I had a support staff during my last
commercial projects back home and I kind of doubt that I am fit to earn
my money doing software support. Have tried getting projects for Debian or
Linux with pay but the results are not that encouraging. People are too
much fixed on the free nature of the thing and are not willing to spend
enough money to make it worth it. I felt sort of out of my field in
the last years as a system administrator at Fuller. Only developments for
Linux or later Debian brightened my day and really made me feel it was
worth it.