Re: Debian + KDE disk

Hi,
>>"Christoph" == Christoph Lameter <chris@waterf.org> writes:

Christoph> On 30 Oct 1997, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>>  Yes, but one never sacrifices that higher goal. Our compromise is
>> the non-free section. We have it there because we have to; we do
>> not have to approve of it or promote it, we merely condone the
>> section.

Christoph> What higher goal are you talking about? To evangelize the
Christoph> world with the GPL gospel? (And wait for the second coming
Christoph> of RMS? <Sorry I could not resist> )

	Have you even read the DFSG? and our social contract?

Christoph> The goal of Debian is to provide a good and well done Unix
Christoph> distribution.

	That happens not to be the case.

Christoph> The usefulness and ease of handling is the highest goal at
Christoph> least for me.

	So you have a different goal than Debian. (Which is fine).

Christoph> The GPL is a component supporting that goal in some areas
Christoph> but the GPL or some other kind of "free" software is not
Christoph> it.

	The you do not agree with the goals of the project. But this
 is quite contrary to Debian's goals, (We ratified the social contract
 with unanimity, if I recall correctly).

	manoj
--
 On Krat's main screen appeared the holo image of a man, and several
 dolphins. From the man's shape, Krat could tell it was a female,