Re: The "free software community" does not include Linus

> The big problem with this definition is that it leaves out I guess more
> than 80% of the linux people. Linus himself would not qualify for being a
> member of this community since I am certain he does not agree to your
> very dogmatic view of free-software. I pretty much identify with the
> statement of Linus gives below. Bruce, really I think we should get this
> dogmatic I-need-to-force-the-GPL-on-all-people streak out of the Debian.

Hi.

I completely agree with that. And I guess substantial number of
maintainers also agree. And please, don't tell me that
overwhelming majority voted for DFSG which proves I am wrong.
I myself also voted for DFSG by not for dogmatic approach to other
software. Our methods must be flexible for sure, but even our goals
should be flexible as time change lots of things.

Bruce, if you noticed the reaction of Debian community was
mostly negative on you treatment of Debian+KDE thing.
Doesn't it give you a clue that this dogamtic politics is not
popular (anymore). And even if you will be elected, that doesn't mean
anything, unfortunatly we don't have a candidate from the "moderate"
wing.

Thanks.

Alex Y.

--