ZGV

Security Personel:

	I do not know that this technically counts as a security issue but
i thought it would be best to bring to your attention.

	Since i've upgraded to 1.3.1 (via dselect) and attempted to use
'zgv' my system would stop responding, giving me no choice but to hit my
reset button. Since the filesystems aren't cleanly u(n)mounted fsck is run
on neXt bootup. fsck attempts to fix all inode problems and in the process
destroys ncurses & svga libs, as well as destroyed my /sbin dir, and
several entries in /etc. The only programs i had running besides the
normal daemons (such as inetd, init{duh}, ip paranoia, & ppp) was BitchX
version 73p2 (compiled with ncurses instead of termcap).

	Now when i try to login, bash complains about ncurses libs being
broken, so I replace them, and then bash complains about unresolved
symbols, and i can't boot with the rescue disk and use 'ldconfig' because
/dev/hda1 is mounted under /target, instead of /. So the only option i saw
was to do a fresh re-install. After doing that, i decided to give zgv yet
another chance, and the same occured. Since then, i completely removed zgv
from my system.

	Just thought you might like to know.....

 dA' Phucilage Phactory    *Yesturday upon the stair,    *
                           *I met a guy who wasn't there,*
                           *He wasn't there again today, *
  phucilag@asarian.org     *I think he's from the CIA.   *