Date: Fri, 7 Nov 1997 16:04:57 -0500 (EST)
From: Disconnect <dis@sigkill.dyn.ml.org>
To: fantek@obscure.org
Subject: Something of amusement..

..at least for those of us who have been advocating anti-Intel clones for
a while..  They have discovered a bug, 4 perfectly legal instructions,
that allows anyone Under Any OS to lock up an Intel Pentium (I not II).
Doesn't matter how the operating system handles it (virtual-86 mode, real,
protected, etc) it will freeze solid.  (Maybe Wintel will keep screwing up
their chips and it'll become WinAMD? ;) ..)

All the appropriate postings are below, including a snippit of source (at
the way way bottom) for anyone who has GCC (ie Linux) and a Pentium and
feels like locking it up...

- - --- Disconnect ---
- - --- Cut Here   ---

Article: 143907 of comp.sys.intel