giving money to gnome

jfl, a german bookstore, will release a cdrom with debian, contrib,
non-free, "linux anwenderhandbuch", maybe a commercial webbrowser,
and kde. they will donate 5 dm, half for debian and half for kde.

freedom is not only a word for me. its an essential thing, not only
found in free speach or free software.

in their freedom to choose a library for their project, the kde
developers selected qt. i'm not happy with that, but everyone should
have the right to do so.

bruce announced on friday, that the money from this
debian+kde cdrom should be given to the gnome project.

as the gnome project is the direct opponent of kde, this is an insult to
the kde people. at least that is how the kde developer feel.

today i feel a shamed to be a debian developer.

i request to apologize and correct the relations to the kde team within
a week. if not i prefer not to be a debian developer.

andreas
--
Find out how to avoid all those pesky crashes, lockups, application
errors, and slow applications at http://www.debian.org -- Debian can