Re: giving money to gnome

Please forgive me. Yesterday, my room/appartment was burgled, and
partially due to that I completely missed this party on debian-private.

> jfl, a german bookstore, will release a cdrom with debian, contrib,
> non-free, "linux anwenderhandbuch", maybe a commercial webbrowser,
> and kde. they will donate 5 dm, half for debian and half for kde.

As the kde project is the direct opponent of gnome (and free
software), this is an insult to the gnome (and free-software) people.
At least that is how I feel.

> today i feel a shamed to be a debian developer.

Today I feel ashamed to ever have helped the progress of KDE
integration into debian[1].

> i request to apologize and correct the relations to the kde team within
> a week. if not i prefer not to be a debian developer.

I request the bookstore to apologise ...

Ah, well. Actually, I don't care too much, who gives money to KDE.
Likewise, I assume the non-free camp (KDE and friends) doesn't really
care who gives money to the free-camp (gnome). I gather from
part-logbooks on debian-private most Debian developers feel the same.

So, I guess I've learned my lesson: never forget to double-lock your
appartment! OK, they stole my second-hand camera, and maybe some (at
most $150) cash, but that can all be replaced. But hell, nothing can
ever replace me missing this party due to that burglary.

I hope you all accept my humble apologies for coming so late
to your party,

Footnote [1]: Well, I didn't do that much towards KDE integration into
              Debian. At best, I added a few functions/features to menu,
	      and help write the menu-method files. And no, I wasn't
	      serious when I said I felt ashamed to ever have helped
	      the process of KDE integration into Debian. I am not
	      ashamed of that, whoever gives money to KDE. Just like
	      I asume nobody starts feeling shame when someone gives
	      money to Gnome.

--
joost witteveen, joostje@debian.org

Potentially offensive files, part 5: /dev/random.
`head -c 4 /dev/random` may print 4-letter words (once every approx 4e8 tries).