Re: giving money to gnome

From: Paul J Thompson <paul@thomppj.student.okstate.edu>
> Andreas, I agree with you 100%.  This kind of antagonistic behavior toward
> the non-dfsg community is downright immature and, as you said, shameful!

Say what? One would think that we could donate to any free software
project we desire and it would not be "antagonistic". KDE gets half of
the money from the CD directly from Lehmans Bookstore. Debian gets the
other half, and gives it to GNOME. That sounds fair to me.

> Debian is an excellent distribution (the best right now, IMHO).  Being
> such, we should take responsiblity by being mature and "friendly" with the
> rest of the world.

Sure, but where we put money is our business.

I have yet to hear any complaint from the KDE folks.

Can you get your operating system fixed when you need it?
Linux - the supportable operating system. http://www.debian.org/support.html
Bruce Perens K6BP   bruce@debian.org   NEW PHONE NUMBER: 510-620-3502