Re: giving money to gnome

> Now it's your turn to read the gnome page for the reasons why this is not
> very feasible.  Or look at lesstif as an example.  Unless a concerted
> effort is made by KDE to move to a different library taht is free, Qt can
> make it so the fre library is always one step behind.
>
> Throwing out a random suggestion:  what if we gave the money to KDE to
> help them transfer from Qt to the GTK?

I really like the idea! But it surely has a lot of problems.
Not mentioning that persuasion of KDE people to rewrite everything
can be hard, GTK is not quite finished product yet...

Alex Y.

> I think that the 'opponents' bit is a bit overblown in any case...  I
> don't think that's a very productive view to take of software development,
> and one that will probably not be very satisfying in the long run.  I
> think the Gnome people's ideas are pretty good with regards to this:  they
> state that teh KDE people are competent, and have written good code, but
> that they would like to have something *free*.
>
> David Welton
> davidw@efn.org  davidw@freenet.hut.fi  http://www.efn.org/~davidw
> Se quest'email e` in Italiano, mi dispiace per gli errori:-) FORZA PANTANI!
> 			 --Debian GNU/Linux--
>

> --

   _
 _( )_
 |      _ 7           |            Alexander Yukhimets            |
  \    (")            |       http://pages.nyu.edu/~aqy6633/      |