Re: on other DFSG-free projects

From: Andreas Jellinghaus <aj@dungeon.inka.de>
> no. this is "social contract #1", but not in the DFSG.

I submit that this is not the case, because the DFSG does not have to say
"the whole program, and not just a little". That is implied.

In addition, the body of Debian policy is more than just the DFSG. For
example, the Social Contract is the document that _contains_ the DFSG
and clearly says "100% free" at the very beginning of the document.
Courts do not try cases by referring to just one law - they refer to
the corpus*, in the case of the U.S. going back to predecessors of our
law such as British Common Law.

So, even though you are invalid in saying that programs with non-free
components are free by the DFSG, you are additionally invalid in restricting
your definition to one document within the much larger corpus of Debian
policy.

	Thanks

	Bruce

* Corpus: all of the writings of a particular kind on a subject.
--
Can you get your operating system fixed when you need it?
Linux - the supportable operating system. http://www.debian.org/support.html